Thursday, September 5, 2013

Psych: The Complete Seventh Season



Psych -- A Super Fantastic Show!
Psych has about four million viewers each week on the USA network. For some reason, however, the program hasn't become the cultural institution it deserves to be, especially amongst young people. I suspect that in time this will all be amended: when the wheat is separated from the chaff, Psych will always come out on top.

The narrative format of Psych is conventional, and the production design is generic. Even so, every week Franks, Roday, et al., manage to draw water from a stone with an incredible cast, a quick humor, and a bright sincerity. Within a comedy television landscape dominated by irony, sarcasm, banality, sadism, and satire -- Psych goes to show that it is still humor which effects the most authentic laughter of all.

The rapport between Shawn Spencer (James Roday) and his Watson, the "super-sniffer" Burton Guster (Dulé Hill), is without precedent in television: I defy anyone to name a comedic duo with better chemistry. Roday's timing is...

Psych is one of my fav shows, this season is weird
I think they have new writers or something. This season seems all over the board. They seem to move a little quicker and in a less coherent manner. I have been a fan for years and will keep watching, but I hope they bring back the old style.

I love Psych
I love Psych BUT it seems to of dropped off this season, its getting all serious and that is just NOT psych

Click to Editorial Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment